Monday, April 30, 2012

Home and back again

It's been a while since I've written a post - April flew by with a glorious couple of weeks back home in Sydney surrounding myself with the familiar people and places that I love and miss. 

Good coffee, even better wine, proper chocolate and all the meat (including pork) you could want without any 'spare parts' as my friend Jana would say. After living in a high-rise apartment building in the middle of the city, it was so nice to get back to the sense of space, fresh air and quiet in the Sydney suburbs where I grew up. I whiled away a couple of delicious breakfasts with my best girlfriends and enjoyed a few glasses of wine on leisurely evenings at home with my parents and our dogs. 

It was hard to come back to the jungle, it really was. But being with The Boy and being there for him keeps me here. And really, it's not all bad. In fact, in many ways it's good. It's almost 6 months since I moved to KL and I think I'm slowly finding my feet. Sometimes I find myself smiling to myself and that can only be a good thing.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment